An inspiring guide to sketching and painting the world around you!
Packed with practical tips and advice, this book shows you how to fill your sketchbook or watercolor pad with a variety of everyday items that catch your eye, such as:
- Kitchen items like cups, teapots and silverware
- Toys like Rubik's Cubes and model cars
- Tea sandwiches and roll cakes
- Colorful bottles and containers
- Household items like umbrellas, bottles and candles
- Clothing and acessories including shirts, hats and umbrellas
- And so much more!
Author Tomoko Kuramae provides clear step-by-step instructions on the proportions and perspective of basic objects and clearly explains how to draw dozens of items based on cubes, cylinders and flat shapes from a variety of angles. She then shows you how to bring your finished sketches alive with the use of brilliant transparent watercolors.